First baby and morning sickness!

Shindiggy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:45 pm 
Post subject: First baby and morning sickness!
Very Happy |Well I found out I was pregnant 3days ago and myself and my partner are not sure what t think at the moment (we've been together 5years), it's all a bit of a shock and I'm only 24. On the other side I think I'm really excited but I'm not sure my boyfriend is and he won't really talk as he's not ready to just yet.

On a second note I'm having the most awful morning sickness and wondered if anyone has any tips or felt the same mixed emotions? Confused
mrswolfbane
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:16 pm 
Post subject:
i wud say mixed emotions are normal if u didnt plan ur baby.

i had awful morning sickness i cut out coffee and tea and had chammomile or pepermint tea.i also kept mints with me to suck on that helped

ginger can help to but didn for me its jst a case of toughing it out unless u cant even keeps sips of water down.
u must drink alot aswell if u cant stop been sick u have to eat even if ur going to throw it all up some nutrients stay in ur body.
good luck xx
Jess77
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
hiya

Dont worry its OK to feel the way you do. When I first found out I was in total shock and so was my boyfriend!!! ( We've been together 5 years, I'm 22 and now 12 weeks ) my boyfriend was the same when I told him he didn't really speak for a few days, and when he did it wasnt the best reaction! It did take a while for us both to get our heads round it but I think thats normal.This is a massive thing to get used to and it will take time. Now we're alot better, happier and getting exited but it still hasnt properly sunk in!

I had terrible sickness untill about a week ago, try drinking ginger tea and having something plain like toast or a biscuit when you first wake up.

Good luck with everything

Jess x
SueScott
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:15 pm 
Post subject: Re: First baby and morning sickness!
Shindiggy wrote:
Very Happy |Well I found out I was pregnant 3days ago and myself and my partner are not sure what t think at the moment (we've been together 5years), it's all a bit of a shock and I'm only 24. On the other side I think I'm really excited but I'm not sure my boyfriend is and he won't really talk as he's not ready to just yet.

On a second note I'm having the most awful morning sickness and wondered if anyone has any tips or felt the same mixed emotions? Confused

yes i found out i was pregnant on 12th dec and have been so ill ... i find rusks first thing in the morning and then eat small through out the day.. and drink plenty of fluids .....
Shindiggy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:31 pm 
Post subject:
Well sorry for the late reply, but all I seem to have been doing is vomiting for over a week now, and not just morning but all of the time.

Thank you for your kind words its put my mind at rest and made me realise that I'm not such a horror after all!

My boyfriend has finally come round to the idea and we have now been referred to a midwife. According to calculations I'm only 7weeks gone! God help me if I'm sick like this for the rest of the term.

One thing I can keep down is salt and vinegar crisps, lol, not the best food to eat but if it gives me a little boost then its worth it!

Baby must be a bit of a health freak though as it didn't like the mcdonalds the other day Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular