Due in Jan and terrified???

xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:16 pm 
Post subject:
Thank god that the hospital im with has a birthing centre. so hpefully ian just go in and out? although, if im knackered maybe it would be best to have a sleep there and then get going.. just so the midwives are there for my baby just incase anything happens.. oooh i dnt have a clue!!! lol nevr done this before!xx
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
Are you going for all the pain relief you can get or going for the natural approach hun?

I wanna do it with just gas and air and water if I can but I got a horrible feeling I won;t be able to hack it,and I really don't want any other pain relief,I've heard so many awful things about it,I'd rather not have any and deal with it.

I'm still not even sure if my hospital had any birth pools,cos that's the one thing I really want xx

xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:38 am 
Post subject:
Well at first i was thinking ALL NATURAL.. as i hate being on drugs, and not feeling in control it freaks me out. But then as times gone on, ive thought whatever i need im going to take.. cause i dont think ill hack it either..

I dont like the sound of the drugs either.. but if i need them when it comes down to it, imma taking them!! lol xxx
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:55 am 
Post subject:
xxMum2Bxx wrote:
Well at first i was thinking ALL NATURAL.. as i hate being on drugs, and not feeling in control it freaks me out. But then as times gone on, ive thought whatever i need im going to take.. cause i dont think ill hack it either..

I dont like the sound of the drugs either.. but if i need them when it comes down to it, imma taking them!! lol xxx

Yeh I reckon that's what I'm gonna be like,cos i have no idea now how bad it'll be.the only thing i really dont want is an epidural cos sometimes you cant feel when to push.

And pethidine is meant to make you sick,so not too keen on that either,but if I needed it,I would.

I reckon i'll cope well with it though,as long as I can be active and have water,I'll be fine,I hope!xx

NatalieNFang
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
helloooo girls

i keep forgettin this wee topic is here lol

hope all the january mothers in training are doing grand Very Happy

im not sure wot to expect from giving birth as everyone is different and we all deal with pain differently!!

as for me .. weelll.. i have no pain threshold wot so ever!! so ill be taking anything on the go apart from pethadine as ive heard about it bein nasty!!

i hope everything goes well and hopefully an enjoyable experience with no bad bits lol

xx
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:25 pm 
Post subject:
Yes lol, i hpe a stalk brings my baby Razz

Ohhh ok pethadine - Sickness
I knew epidural makes u not know when to push.. and u cn tear Mad
Erm so apart from gas and air what else is on offer? lol xx
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:12 am 
Post subject:
Lol,not a lot I don't think.I don't think pethidine is the same for everyone though,it might not affect you like that.

I read too many magazines!Lol could open my own newsagents with the amount I've got! lol

I think I'd have pethidine if I really needed it,but no epidural for me thanks! Smile

xx

xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:36 pm 
Post subject:
Ok, what is pethadene? is it just pain relief? like morphine? can u get it all the way through, or do u pass a certain point?

What i dont want is to say no to epidural at the last time im allowed it and then finding i really need it xxx
Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jan mummies !!!

I have zero pain threshold !!! So i am going for whatever drugs i can get Smile why is pethidine so bad ?

I think you can get offered diamorphine which is supposed to be good xx
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:18 am 
Post subject:
oooh me love morphine.. works wonders!! Lol the only thing i dont like is not being in control.. i hate drinking to much.. and other drugs have always been a no no.. im taking what i can get though lol as like u Nic i have no pain threshold either lol xxx
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:17 pm 
Post subject:
NicolaOasis wrote:
Hi Jan mummies !!!

I have zero pain threshold !!! So i am going for whatever drugs i can get Smile why is pethidine so bad ?

I think you can get offered diamorphine which is supposed to be good xx

I don't think it's bad hun,just me reading too much I think!Some people say it can make you sick,but then so can gas and air,so it really depends.

Pethidine and diamorphine are similar.

NicolaOasis
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:17 pm 
Post subject:
I can't wait til the baby gets here but i am not looking forward to the labour xx
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:52 pm 
Post subject:
See i must be really weird cos I am actually looking forward to it,it's a wonderful thing and only us women can do it. Smile

I'm scared though,don't get me wrong but I'm actually really looking forward to it,I must be mad!

NicolaOasis
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
i think you must be !!! xx
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:54 pm 
Post subject:
Lol! Laughing quite possibly!

just ask me in january and see how I feel about labour then!lol xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2009 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular