oi, june mummies!

pixel
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
i already did on your recommendation Wink
i saw it when i was buying the maternity nappies and breast pads from mothercare so picked up a tube!

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
Laughing seriously, if the woman in antenatal ward hadnt told me about it i would have given up breastfeeding by day 3 Smile

maternity nappies! Shocked

pixel
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
the maternity pads, they're massive Shocked they take up the most room in my hospital bag!!

we watched a video in the last ante-natal class about breast feeding and they said it shouldn't hurt!! Surprised

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:02 pm 
Post subject:
well it f*cking does, but not for too long - the other woman in the ward was on her 4th baby and was telling me that it hurts at first no matter how many you had - the not hurting has only worked for about the past week, so i believe it to be a total lie Laughing the cream helps loads though if you use it after every feed (including the dazed just after birth one where a slimy baby is flung at your boob and a midwife 'kindly helps')

the maternity pads are vile haha but i got through probably 50 or so before i could go onto the slim ones, you will be glad of them you wont believe the sh*t that comes out of your body Shocked its amazing Very Happy

LeanneAndy
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:49 pm 
Post subject:
Aw I'm so excited, I want the baby here now Laughing I'm hardly sleeping, I'm eating loads prob where I'm at home and bored, I've done so much housework but I keep getting back ache and period pains when I over do it Sad

I hope I am a June mummy, my own birthday is in June too Very Happy

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:56 pm 
Post subject:
mrs.c has had her little girl Very Happy

JJgirl
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:31 pm 
Post subject:
well I've done all my nesting, baked loads, paperwork all up to date, got my nipple cream, so feel free to pop out soon beano Laughing Laughing Laughing

the midwife in our antenatal class said 'don't bother with nipple cream, bf doesn't hurt', well seeing as she was in her 50's I figured she had forgot about all the pain so I have stocked up and are prepared for the pain,

JJ
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
they are liars i tell you! but it doesnt hurt for long, just at first and then when your milk comes in - if you dont believe me check out the sad posts on the newborn and feeding forums! i thought i was alone and that i was doing something wrong, but it turns out most people have a bit of soreness Smile[/list][/list]

pixel
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
i was under the impression it would hurt, i mean something is sucking on your nipples!! Shocked but when the video said it was all sunshine and rainbows i wondered why everyone didn't do it! Laughing

Waltersmitty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:18 pm 
Post subject:
Well it totally knacked me!!!! I did it for 6 weeks, and it spoilt my bonding time with my baby Crying or Very sad
This time I am bottle feeding from birth. Good on all of you mums who can handle it, but I feel no guilt and are looking forward to enjoying my new baby minus the pain Very Happy
XX
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:05 pm 
Post subject:
i think loads of mums find that - i am just taking each day as it comes, hopefully after 4 weeks i can at least express and get a break - he feeds every two hours so no sleepytimes for me!

pixel
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:28 pm 
Post subject:
oh i can't wait now!! Laughing

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:34 pm 
Post subject:
Laughing its ok, its not what i expected (what did i expect???) but if you use the cream and persevere it gets better, its just such a shame hubby cant take a turn every now and then i think he feels left out too Confused

pixel
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:47 pm 
Post subject:
i tried to get my OH to agree to change all the nappies since i'll be doing all the feeding but he's having none of that Laughing

the women in the video made it look so easy!! and they had lovely looking nipples! i had major nipple envy Shocked

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
we are doing shifts when elijah is not sleeping so john will stay up til 3 or 4am then i will get up, but sadly i still have to wake up to feed him and john brings him through - i think after a day john felt so sorry for me he was happy to do the housework and nappies and things so you might still be in luck Smile

Laughing @ lovely nipples, im not even sure what lovely looking nipples look like...the midwives have no fear of helping, be warned they will just grab your boob and you baby and smoosh them together Shocked i think my midwife gave me that dvd, they play it at the antenatal clinic too - lots of very cheery people being wholesome and breastfeedy Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2010 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular