Help / advise (red dry cracking skin round mouth of baby)

Skelly
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:43 pm 
Post subject: Help / advise (red dry cracking skin round mouth of baby)
Hi all

Wondering if amyone here has experienced their child getting red patchy skin round the mouth and under the chin, the skin is starting to look leathery and is cracking in places. My daughter is 7 months old, she has started on mashed up foods a month or so ago and was wondering if this could cause the sores or if its just becasue of teething and the constant dribbling making her skin around the mouth wet.

Its got that bad that we are heading to the doctor on monday to have it looked at but was wondering if anyone here has experienced tha same and what they did to help reduce this,.
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
it maybe due to the drooling mine had sore skin under the chin and it didnt look nice at all.

good luck at ur doctors appt,
EmmAJanExx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:42 pm 
Post subject:
hi..it could be to do with the weather!!my daugetr always get dry first then sore and the if no cream applyed red and cracks !!it only happens in the winter..also make sure her coat or zip up tops dont rub!!
Skelly
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:08 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for the Quick reply, the weather and the coat thing might be what it is, we have been ouside in the cold recently and her coat is done right up and here face rubs on it.

Whenever i see some mark on her i always think OMG whats that Smile Human nature i suppose. I will refrain from doing the coat right upand protect her face with a crem barrier before we venture out again, see if it helps.

Thanks again
KirstieD
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:45 am 
Post subject: SORE MOUTH FROM WEANING
Hi wondering if anyone can help, I have started to wean my son (we are about 3 weeks in) and he has now got sore skin all around his mouth. I have tried putting vaseline around his mouth to form a barrier in case it is acid from the fruit which i am pureeing myself, but this doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular