does anyone express exclusively?

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:34 am 
Post subject: does anyone express exclusively?
Im just wanting a bit of support really, since my DS was born he wouldn't latch so i started expressing about day 3or 4. On wednesday and thursday i just couldn't get enough milk for him, i was literally expressing half oz and giving him that while expressing more, and because i was expressing so often he was only getting 2-3oz a feed. So last night i gave up and went to get a carton of formula and he had a 4oz of that, i felt so good not having to stress about how i was going to feed a hungry baby and managed to not express for a few hours so when i did i got 4oz, wooohooo lol. I then gave him the BM in the night and he had another 4oz formula this morning. So ive just expressed again after not doing it since 1am as i needed a break and ive got over 7oz Surprised Shocked So it seems no matter how often i express i end up with the same amount, Is this normal? Are there any other mums expressing, how do you find it? xxx
Sorry i babbled on abit there Wink

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:00 am 
Post subject:
How long do you express for? I didn't do it very often but found I would slow down and seem like I'd finished but if I kept going I could get more. TBH though most of the time I only did it for about 5-10 mins and got about 4oz

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:08 am 
Post subject:
at the min about 15 mins each boob but it only drips out after 5mins and has just about stopped after 10mins but i keep going for a few mins even when nothings coming out to try and increase the supply x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular