Maternity leave

booter
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:43 pm 
Post subject: Maternity leave
Hi. At the end of November I informed my employers in writing of the time I intend to commence maternity leave.The time I stated was 11th February as I will have 6 weeks to go then. However my baby has since gone through a massive growth spurt and I am now absolutely huge at approaching 29 weeks and keep being told I'm far bigger than I should be by friends and family. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to stand up for longer than a few minutes at a time and extremely difficult to bend down. My job requires alot of standing and alot of bending down as I work in a library. I am also experiencing alot of rib and back pain. I am still trying to keep active by going for walks and doing household chores but it's different from being at work. Anyway, I know you are mean't to give 3 weeks notice before going on maternity leave but what are my chances leaving before the 11th? Should I get a doctors note or just come right out and ask my employers? Thanks
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
Ask your boss if you can go early, i dont think he can say no. but if he does go to your doctor and ask to be signed off!

I definatly wouldnt carry on working xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular