help! what can i do to be more closer to my 9 mos. old baby?

kim1524
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:33 pm 
Post subject: help! what can i do to be more closer to my 9 mos. old baby?
hi everyone! can you please give me some advice on how to become more closer to my 9 mos. old daughter... it seems that she's closer with her dad than me. she can already say "daddy" but she cant even say "ma", "mommy", or "mama".. please help!
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:44 am 
Post subject:
Hiya hun, welcome to AskBaby

My daughter is 9 months and all she says ALL DAY is daddy/ dad dad etc but she can say mummy and nannan.
Shes definitly a daddys girl and hes always been her favourite. it is a bit upsetting but i know she loves me too.
Some days she doesnt smile at me at all but as soon as daddy gets home she doesnt stop! Shocked

I think it always the way tho, Daddy's girls and mummy's boys Smile
Its not your fault hun, its just the way it is im afraid! chin up xxx

Katie xxx

wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:54 am 
Post subject:
katie i wouldnt say that... andrew is such a daddys boy!! he can scream all day for me and then as soon as daddy gets home hes good as gold!!

its strange because as jealous as i am of his bond with daddy i kinda love it too, its so cute when he goes aronud saying dadadada all the time and when he yells DADDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for oh its cute but sometimes i just wish he wanted mummy Sad

try playing with her down at her level that always cheers andrew up! Very Happy have a day full of fun stuff (to hell with the hosuework!) and just have a day dedicated to her, park, walk, playing etc she will love it and at the end you will feel so close to her!! Very Happy
Katie21
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:11 am 
Post subject:
Ok sorry Embarassed thats my experiances anyway! Smile

K xxx

Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:13 am 
Post subject:
i know how you feel hun, i actually feel hated by my 9month old sometimes, i'll get down to play with her and she screams Shocked

wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:36 am 
Post subject:
Katie21 wrote:
Ok sorry Embarassed thats my experiances anyway! Smile

K xxx

lol katie i didnt mean that in a mean way!! lol i was just saying that i wish that was the case!!

i wish i had a mummys boy Sad oh well hopefully i get a mummys girl this time! or at least a baby that wants to play with mummy rasther than daddy!! Very Happy
kim1524
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:13 am 
Post subject: tnx...
tnx sis for the replies.... now i understand that i should not be upset nor be depressed at all. maybe in time my 9 months old daughter will learn how to say mommy or mama... i cant wait for that day to come...
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
You are worrying unnecessarily. There is nothing to worry, with the growing age she will start calling you too. Kids may be more charmed with dad or mom. Start spending more time in playing with her.

[url= http://www.tutorskingdom.com/]online tutor[/url]
lusciousloz2005
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:59 am 
Post subject:
Stop worrying. Your baby isn't saying Dad.. she's making noises and just experimenting with sounds. The dadada sound is easier than saying mumum.. my son started saying dadada at around 7 months.. but is a complete mummy's boy!! Chill out, and enjoy your baby!
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
I assumed my little boy would be a 'mummy's boy' but no! He just adores his Dad. Everything is about Daddy. It has improved slightly lately but I keep hoping that this baby might favour me!
Embarassed

I think I always felt worse because every other baby/child I know is sooooo clingy with their mum. My guy has never been.

I do try to make 20 mins or so every day where I totally focus on him with no distractions or housework etc. This was Baby Whisperer advice (especially with a working mum but works for stay at home mum too).

x

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular