Ways to save money...baby & hubby?

Jhonvomer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:57 pm 
Post subject: Ways to save money...baby & hubby?
I put this in this section so i can hear from other moms. Im married and we have a 13 month old son and like most people money is tight. I would like for my baby to have a nice Christmas too but we don't have a tree and we bought him a present today BUT i feel bad for spending over $55. I would like to hear how other parents save money, in general not just for holidays, besides coupons. I never seem to find coupons of what we buy. My husband has a thing about being bothered with me returning things back to the store BUT sometimes it's way better than wasting that money and keeping the item. I know we can't return food and i want to start fresh for the next grocery day. We looked through the fridge and cabinets and we've wasted quit a few food items. Thanks in advance!
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:32 pm 
Post subject:
we never waste food cant stand to see ppl throw food out.

baby nappies i buy 24 for 1.43 ( i think its worth trying cheaper brands if they work if they dont try soemthing else) i use the cheap nappies during the day and huggies for through the night) saves me around 70 a year.

we have our water on a meter so only pay for what we use (saves us around 180 a year).

when washing if clothes are too dirty i use express wash (15 minutes) always hang clothes out on the line dont have a tumbledryer (saves on electric)

when its getting cold in the house ill put extra layers on before switching heating on.

if tv isnt being watched its switched off.

i have all energy efficient light bulbs.

we do not have a car (saves around 3000 a year with fuel, manteience insurance, tax etc.) also helps the environment and makes us more fit and healthy)

always have a budget for shopping and stick to it.

JulieLR
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:08 am 
Post subject:
Starting your own family is not that easy because it is a BIG responsibility. That's why you need to look for ways on how you are going to save your money for future important expenses. Indeed, saving money is very important! In times of financial crisis we must learn on how to save money or better yet how to spend our money wisely. The problem with us is sometimes we are too eager to use our money whenever there are sales around the mall. Saving money is a good way to cope up with the financial crisis. But would you believe that home inventory could also help us on saving money?

A home inventory can appear to be a lot of work. With a modest time investment, though, a home inventory is a task that can save you time and money. You may read this article: Making a home inventory to save money
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular