ppl help please help

hazelandskye
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:29 am 
Post subject: ppl help please help
if your child was born with some thing wrong with them would you still treat them like they were normale? my girl skye was born with cancer three years ago she has been in the clear for a year now so i dont know how to treat her been told i am to soft on her but i got told that she might get it again and they will not be able to get rid of it again so its like waiting but you dont want it to happen if you know what i mean . when she had her last chemo she met a three year old boy just starting his but sadly matt is not with us any more how would you treat your child if they are in the clear of cancer ?

molly1973
Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:41 am 
Post subject:
i dont know as ive never been in that situation, so couldnt really comment, but just like to say glad your daughter is oin the clear now, x
Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:46 am 
Post subject:
thank you she is the most amazing girl alive she is so happy even after every thing she been through she still smiles

xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:49 am 
Post subject:
I would treat them just the same.. but obviously be more loving and comforting as they have to go through alot that other 3 yrs old dont.

Sorry to hear your little girl has been through so much, im glad she has been given the all clear now xxxx
Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:01 pm 
Post subject:
God i really don't know !!! I would assume that she has to be punished and stuff if she does something wrong but she's a very special girl, i would treat her like your normally would.

She sounds amazing xx
Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:09 pm 
Post subject:
she is amazing got a big cheeky smile on her lol i love her to bits she is my world i gave up my life to be a the best mum i can be for her she still not walking properly she runs every were

MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:38 pm 
Post subject:
its such a hard question but i think it would be normal to want to keep them cuddled up and not want to tell them off.

glad she is ok now xx
Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:47 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear she had such a tough start to life, but so glad she is in the clear now.

My daughter was born with kidney problems and despite many operations is still having problems. I am always told I treat her too softly, which I think is kind of true. When she was young we did used to treat her a lot (before our son was born) but have stopped that. However at the moment she is definately rebelling and being naughty, so it's hard to know how to treat them. I think the best thing you can do is treat them like a normal child but always try to make sure they are happy and ok - just through spending quality time with them and making sure they know you are always there for them.

hoping4
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:22 pm 
Post subject:
such a hard question to answer because i dont like to judge on things that i have never been through. i am so glad that she is ok now and so sorry that you have had to go through all of this. i would say just do what feels right and if her behaviour starts to cause problems then maybe you will have to think again. sorry im prob not much help xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular