TTC Baby no 2

WelshGirlie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:58 pm 
Post subject: TTC Baby no 2
Hi h have a 14 month old and thinking about baby no 2, any1 else in similar situation? Not sure what's the best age gap? I'm not sure if it'd be easier to wait til my little one was over 2 yrs?? x Very Happy
KTKal
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:57 pm 
Post subject:
I had a baby boy two months ago, and my daughter was 14 months old when I got pregnant with him. I think the 23 months between them is a nice age gap, as she was old enough to understand there was a baby in my tummy (there are loads of age appropriate books to help this, which we enjoyed reading together), but not too old to adjust to the fact that she has to share her parents. Whilst there was an adjustment period, she has taken to having a brother really well, and I am beginning to think she has forgotton what it was like before he was born. I don't believe however there is ever a "right" or "wrong" age gap, and these things can't always be planned to be exact however hard we try. There must be different challenges for parents / families for each different age gap. Just do it when it feels right for you and with your time and love, your child will adjust. Good Luck.
WelshGirlie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, thanks for your reply. It's all i can think about at the mo! And like u say u can't plan it to a tee, we haven't even started trying yet it's just we know we want another one and don't want to leave a massive age gap!! x
mrsHarper
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
My son is 8 months old and im tryin for 2nd.
I want them as close as possible.
I jus think it wud be nice that way as they get older they cud be good friends, and they will be goin thru same things at same time almost so will b able to be there for each other, etc.
ALSO IT MEANS IF I HAVE MY 3 NOW, CLOSE TOGEATHER, BY THE TIME IM 40 I WILL HAVE MY LIFE BACK TO LIVE AGEN!!!
iF U KNOW WAT I MEAN, LOL
Soz didnt kno capslock was on!!
Jodi x
Moley
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:22 pm 
Post subject:
Im the opposite my son is 11 this year and im ttc for 2nd child - but new relationship etc now married and settled -

I think the time is right when its right for you Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular