wedding/honeymoon

Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:00 am 
Post subject: wedding/honeymoon
wasn't sure where to post this (put in your life too!!) but i'm after some advice and know you are all a friendly helpful bunch!!!! ..... we are getting married next year april hopefully.... we want to look at carribean weddings as they seem pretty cost effective..........but i really need some help in imagining what it will be like! anyone got any stories or pic's that could send my plans in thr right direction!??!?!?!?

Thanks in advance!! xx
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:17 pm 
Post subject:
PM Trixie25, she had her wedding abroad, so she might be able to help you out, but you will have to bear with her has she isnt on here that often anymore, x

snugglebear
Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:28 am 
Post subject:
Hi anon Wink
we got married last yr & looked into doin it abroad but then realised that if we did this our whole family (including my stepkids) would be on our honey moon with us & th whole point of a honeymoon is to get away from that,so we had a local wedding,a honeymoon away together then came back & took the kids to port aventura in Spain so that they wouldn't feel left out,this also gave us time to bond as a family after all the wedding stress. I don't want to put you off an exotic destination but the implications of it as a step parent are complicated, it's either don't take the kids & deal with the longterm consequences that has on yours & dh's relationship with them, or put up with your time on honeymoon alone together being broken up by "daaad can I....?" etc and family committments, hardly Romantic!!!!
That's my honest opinion anyways.Xxx
Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:45 am 
Post subject:
cheers for your replys...

snuggle... i know what you mean step families can be a nightmare... we find we have to put so much thought into everything we do causes a right headache sometimes!!

think we have put the tropical wedding to rest unfortunatly ! its a shame but then my hair goes well flat in the heat so hey can't have it all!!! xx Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Step Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular