How long is too long to cry?

Supermummy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:29 am 
Post subject: How long is too long to cry?
My sone Jude is 10 weeks and I am now realising that that if I want to get out of this 3 hourly feed habit (and I think he only wakes out of habit) I have to start establishing some kind of routein, I am putting himin his moses basket when he needs a nap and at the set nap time and he just screams (really screams) for hours, I am determined to let him cry which is really hard and I am applying advise to reassure him reguarly, but now as I write this he has been crying for 2 hours and is showing little signs of relenting, he is now past feeding time and likly needs a clean nappy but I dont want to interrupt what I am trying to acheive, how long do i let him do this, I feel it is a battle of wills and cannot let him scream all day, but them would i be sending the message that if he screams long and hard enough he gets what he wants? any advice please. :?
elsiemum
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
10 weeks is still really young to do controlled crying. Three hourly feeds is normal at this young age. I'd go to him and feed him and reassure him you're there. Crying lots will only stress you out. Enjoy him.
mama07
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:28 am 
Post subject:
My baby is 9 weeks old and she also has problem sleeping at night. In the end, I've decided to buy a book to help solve this matter. I found out that babies has to be at least 4 month old before you could start the cry it out method. She will remember much better by then. But right now your baby is still too small to gain from this method. I understand as I am also lack of sleep. Be patient and all will be well by 4 month. Good luck.
splodger
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:00 am 
Post subject:
Enjoy your babies in the day and try a routine in the evening. THey will eventually routine themselves in the day to maybe a nap in the afternoon. The only time a routine may work is at night after a bath and feed.
Don't expect too much at 10 weeks and controlled crying is for babies who are 6 months old and have a established feeding and daytime nap routine already. If you try and leave them crying then you will get upset remember they are only this small for so long so please use your instincts and enjoy them for it won't be long before they are running around and you will wish you had held them more and comforted them.
Good luck
EloiseFaye01
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:19 pm 
Post subject:
Remember one day soon ur baby will sleep all night, ive never let my lil girl cry her self 2 sleep...shes 9months now and has slept all night since she was 5 months. Shes a happy baby, and was feeding every 3 hours wen she was born. i think the longest ive let her cry is 5 minutes...comfort your baby as i expect its colic, ur baby will still probly cry but at least he'll have ur warmth and comfort. Stick to it gd luck xxx
cheetahross
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
This is really sad - where did you get the info to let a 10 week old baby to cry for 2 hours? Babies cry for a reason - pick your baby up for heavens sake! It's understandable to let the baby cry if you have to do something, say, take a shower or cook dinner. But knowing that your baby has been crying for 2 hours while you are on the computer is so sad... Check out www.askdrsears.com for more info on "crying it out". Do your research.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular