Intro and Question

wishing4agirl
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:16 am 
Post subject: Intro and Question
First, I wanted to introduce myself and say hi! I am 35 and am a stay-at-home-mom of 3 boys, 14, 2 1/2 and 18 months . We are trying for the last baby (hopefully a girl).

So the question is have you or anyone you know tried the Shettles Method and if so did it work for the gender you or they hoped for?

I know in the grand scheme of things it should never really matter, but I'm really hoping. My parents used this method and it worked (I have 4 older brothers).
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:46 pm 
Post subject:
never heard of it. please tell..........
wishing4agirl
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:17 am 
Post subject:
The Shettles Method is based on the belief that the sperm that produce boys are faster swimmers, but have a shorter lifespan. Sperm that produce girls are slower but live longer. Also boys have a harder time surviving in an acidic environment while girls are hardier and although the acidic environment affects them they have an easier time in an acidic environment than males. So first you figure out when you are going to ovulate (this is very key) and have sex as far away as possible from day of ovulation (preferably 2 or more days away, but 3 is best) to have sex. There are alot of other things that go into the process but that's the idea in a nutshell. There is a chance I could be pregnant already, but I'm in the 2ww so we will see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular