Sticky Paternity Leave Situation...

dejay2k10
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:50 pm 
Post subject: Sticky Paternity Leave Situation...
Hi

My employer is a tight fisted git and will not pay 1p more than he is forced to for anything or to anyone! When i told him i was entitled to paternity leave he almost had a seizure. He quickly found that i needed to inform him 15 weeks before the due date - i told him about 3 days over this!

He said fill in the forms and give them to me but you will have to take the 2 weeks as holidays. Then he said but you dont have enough holidays and was shell shocked to say the least when i reminded him i am entitled to 5.6 weeks a year! Last time he checked it was 4 weeks a year lol.

To the point now ... is there anyway i can find out if this employer of mine has been paid the 2 weeks paternity leave off the inland revenue? If so i want my bloody 2 weeks holiday back! He will deny it has been paid so i would need solid proof if it has.

Thanks
KellyRH
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:48 pm 
Post subject:
Your employer has to supply in writing why you were not entitled to paternity pay. this is by law.

I suggest you phone inland revenue.

to find your tax office get your P.60 and go on the inland revenue site http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kbroker/hmrc/locator/locator.jsp?type=1

put in your PAYE number which will be on your P.60. then contact the tax office at the number provided. they should then be able to tell you if your employer has claimed.

but i do not think he can without actually paying you it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Dads' Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular