Parent & child spaces

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:21 pm 
Post subject: Parent & child spaces
Is it just me who gets angry at people who park in parent and child spaces and dont have children???!!!! Evil or Very Mad

I took Freya to morrisons this morning and all the parent and child spaces were taken, so i parked in a normal space oposite them and this lady, who had taken the last space, got out of her car, with out a child Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad She wasnt even disabled so it wasnt like she needed the extra space. I was so annoyed!! I had to struggle to get Freya out while she had all the space in the world!
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:22 pm 
Post subject:
lol Tracie - not like you to keep quiet! I'm surprised you didn't go and tell her off - I think I would have lol.
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:26 pm 
Post subject:
I can appreciate how annoying it must be because i've gone shopping loads of times and had to come home because i can't get a space on the end of a row so i can get out of my car. I'm too big now to park in a normal space and i always toy with the idea of parking in the mother and baby spaces but i know that someone would come out and shout at me and i'd probably cry!

It amazes me how many 'disabled' people there are when i go to our local co-op. There's always about 5 cars parked there compared to the 3 cars in the spaces that are further away.

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:31 pm 
Post subject:
Devon mum, i couldnt get Freya out quick enough, she had dissapeard into the shop by the time i had done so!! I was looking for her inside the shop though, she must of known i was after her though as i didnt see her Laughing

I had the same problem slummymummy, i would have to park on the end or at the back of the car park, where its quieter, as i couldnt get out of the car!!!
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:33 pm 
Post subject:
ahh i know what you mean about the parent and child spaces!!i always go round looking in peoples cars to see if they have a car seat lol! Laughing
in some car parks they have mother-to-be spaces,havnt seen any for a while tho?
xXx

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:34 pm 
Post subject:
Lol Jadus, im so glad that im not the only one who looks in peoples cars!!! Laughing
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
There is nothing that annoys me more! I always look in the cars and if I see someone getting in/out of a car without a child or a child old enough to not need that space I talk very loudly to whoever I am with (even if it's my children lol) about how obnoxious people are taking spaces for those that really need them, and when I am really mad I say something. I've also noticed that in some places where the parent and child spaces are nearer to the shop than the disabled they park there instead! Grrr!

SusanandLibby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:46 pm 
Post subject:
Haha, my hubby is OBSESSED at them at the moment, our local Tesco's has about 6 and he looks to see if they've got a car seat. He says when LIbby's here he's going to park in the disabled spaces if there's no more parent ones left because there's always loads more of them and they are always empty.

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:46 pm 
Post subject:
I always get worried about doing that though incase I get a ticket.

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:49 pm 
Post subject:
Dont you think that like disabled people, we too should get a badge to display? And if yo use a parent and child space with out having your badge on show you get a ticket?
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:51 pm 
Post subject:
Ahh, but you could always turn around and say 'what about them in that parent space, they obviously haven't got a child' there's no way you can park in an ordinary parking space they are sooo narrow, we've got a new shape beetle as well so the doors are really big and it will be a nightmare trying to get Libby out as well.

slummymummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
It also really annoys me when a couple with a child park in the m & b spaces, but one gets out to do the shopping and the other sits in the car!! If you aren't taking the baby out then you don't need the flipping space!

Holmesy
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:54 pm 
Post subject:
I was in my local Asda store about 1 year ago and the car in front of me took the last baby bay, a bloke on his own got out of the car so I opened my window and told him he was in a baby bay ( incase he hadnt realised - NOT!!) He showed me he had a booster seat in the boot and was collecting his grandson, BIG FAT LIE coz when I had finished my shopping and got back to the carpark he had been collecting his wife who was alone and better still she was Asda staff, I was furious and got home and rang the manager and complained!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:55 pm 
Post subject:
Exactly!

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:55 pm 
Post subject:
I remember coming back to the car after shopping when pg, and someone had parked next to me, leaving about enough room for Kate Moss to get into my driver seat. Was NOT amused at 8 months pg.

Went and got the shop to call the person out to the carpark, then 'explained' my predicament. She was very embarrassed about her bad parking lol.
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular