Maternity pay?

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:59 am 
Post subject: Maternity pay?
Hi not sure if this is the correct place to put this but if anyone has an idea I would be very gratefull!!

I got made redundant when I found out I was pregnant with Archie. I got another job really quickly left one on friday and started new job monday.

I was only entitled to maternity allowance.

I was supposed to go back to work in April but as Archie has been ill I took longer off, however I phoned work two weeks ago to ask to go back but on changd hours, they have sent me a flexible working application, I am sure I will get the hours I want, which is only 10 hours a week.

Anyway getting to the point, I found out yesterday I am pregnant again Shocked we have been talking about starting trying for another in the next 6-12 months but it came as a shock anyway especially as it took us 9 months with Archie

Will I be entitled to statatury mat pay this time?

Will tax credits be affected?

Thanks Jen

Jennybenny84
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations!!!!!

Yes you will be entitled to smp as you have been employed for longer than 26 weeks even though you were on leave. Plus you will work for another 26 weeks before you take your next lot of leave again. You might want to check on the number of hours you need to work to qualify though as I think if you dont work enough you have to take maternity allowance??

Hope this helps hun x

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:41 am 
Post subject:
Aw thanks for that!! Even mat allowance would be fine, probably will be more than I am gonna earn anyway as only going back a few hours.
Just as long as I am gonna get something.
Jen x x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular