Desperate for a bump!

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:46 pm 
Post subject: Desperate for a bump!
If one more person says, 'you're not very big yet are you?' I'm going to scream!!!
I am 16 weeks pregnant, and have just gone back to work after the Christmas break, and have had about 6 people saying that they thought I'd be bigger by now. I have a definate bump, but it's not that big, but then I'm only 16 weeks! It's driving me crazy, and just want a proper big bump to develop so I can show it off!!

Am I mad? I know I'll be desperate to be small again when I'm huge, but right now just want to get bigger. Did / does anyone else feel like this or am I just weird?

Ok, rant over, hope everyone's pregnancies are going well.

LD
Cecil
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:47 am 
Post subject: I think you are alright!
I'm only 11 weeks and it is not showing. But, according to my syster and other friends with kids the bump just starts showing at month 4th (that is around 16th weeks) and one of my friends started showing at month 5th (20 weeks). I think it depends on the shape of your body. My friend that started showing it later, had big hips and was a bit overweight. Skinny women show it early but they can use bigger clothes and hide it for longer. Well, that's what I think.
Ah, I just remembered a colleague at work, who didn't mention she was pregnant and rumours started to circulate at the office about her bump when she was already 7 months! I guess at that point it was unavoidable for people to find out! (She was and is a bit overweight by they way).
Good luck with your bump, and enjoy the 'lightness' while you can Wink
Regards,
Cecil.
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:18 am 
Post subject:
I kind of know what you mean, im 12 weeks at the mo and me and my partner can see a definate bump, my family can aswell, but my work people cant, they keep going on about how small i am and that i look like ive just got wind!!! Shocked

I cant wait to be big xx
Jackz
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:23 am 
Post subject: Hi
Hi im 18 wks pregnant and have only just started to show, ppl havin been goin on (your not very big) but i just ignore them remember this is yours and your partners special experience!
Dnt let ppl ruin it for you!!
At 16 wks i was very small but in this last couple of wks i seem to have just blown up, its fantasic and i love bein fat lol

ENJOY!!

Jackie
Pegs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hey all - try being 36 weeks and people saying your not very big! but have the midwife tell you that your carry at 4kg baby Confused Guess it comes down to your own body type and structure - I'm tall and big so I guess I carry differently. Very Happy
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks girls, nice to know I'm not alone in feeling this way, just wish people at work would shut up!

LD
Clarew
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:11 pm 
Post subject:
I know just how you feel! I'm 17 weeks and have a tiny bump only noticable to me and my husband! But none of my clothes fit and I've put on weight. I am tall and was about 2 stone over my ideal weight when I got pregnant but I feel as if I'm just looking fatter not pregnant. Please will someone tell me that I'll get a proper bump soon!!
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
normally with ur first they dont always get a bump til around 20 weeks. everyone shows differently and at different times. it will SOON happy and once it starts it will grow and grow and grow lol Laughing
linziemumtobe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:16 pm 
Post subject: Hiya! :D
Hi all....

Im 15 weeks, and my stomach feels bigger, and is getting harder, but im still desperate for that pregnancy glow, and the bump to show it off! Very Happy But its just not here yet! Sad I cant wait to show it to people and to really love being pregnant, but when you dont have your bump. You dont feel pregnant, and i feel really bored of being pregnant, in the early stages!

This is my first pregnancy, and i cant wait to feel it move and have the proper feelings of being pregnant! Laughing

Anyone else feeling bored of being pregnant like this!? And not feeling pregnant yet!?

Take care all Linz xxxx
cardea
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:58 pm 
Post subject: baby belly
I know it can be frustrating and you can worry and think there is something wrong. I think it depends on your body shape, starting weight and the babys position. I am a larger lady and did not start showing until about 30 weeks ( around christmas ) Everyone kept making comments - really unhelpful - about the babys size and was i sure everything was okay with his growth ? ! All the scans and examination shave been normal and this is what my husband had to keep reminding me as i was getting really worried.I am now 35 weeks and the lastest assesment is that he is on target for weighing about 7.5lbs at birth which is the normal weight apparantly. It will happen ! Laughing
gingin
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:44 pm 
Post subject:
ok girls maybe i am missing something here - your body is going to be a cocoon for 8 months and from the start its changing and lets be honest it will never ever be the same again - a few friends and colleagues have had babies and i am really hoping i dont get huge quickly, i want to wear my clothes for as long as possible, 8 months is actually a very long haul, the bigger the bump the more uncomfortable your body will be, back ache tired etc so dont wish it away relax and go with the flow as it were, you and your partner know your body is changing you feel it from day 1 does it matter if no-one else can see it?
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:04 pm 
Post subject:
i have nicked named this baby hulk lol.

with my other 2 i wasnt big till i was around 6 months+. this time with a new partner i am huge im 17 weeks and i havent been able to fit in my old stuff for about 3 weeks.
its devastating i only have one pair of maternity trousers aswell so im living in jogging bottoms grrrrrrr.

everyone is joking its twins bcuz of how big i am my ex who i have 2 kids with laughs at me he cant believe how big i am lol.

im only 5ft 4 and i think im going be toppling over with this child lol.
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:12 pm 
Post subject: xx
im nearly 20 week n my belly is kinda flat i find my self breathin out when i walk in mothercare lol
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:14 pm 
Post subject:
I have suddenly grown in the past week or so. I am now 18 weeks, and actually have people saying I look big, and have a bump, hurray!!! It's great to get that at last. Have started feeling the baby move too which is fantastic. Hope everyone else is starting to grow too. I know I will be saying in a few months, I wish I was smaller, but for now it's brilliant to be showing at last, even if it is still a fairly small bump.

Hope everyone else is fine,

LD
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:40 pm 
Post subject: xx
i feel flutters but not kicks but its still nice xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular